< === Background-color: Start () === >
< === Background-color: End === >
Handy Tips no matter your brew method!
< Two Panel >
- Use filtered water just shy of boiling, around 195-200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grind your beans right before brewing, preferably with a burr grinder.
- Store your beans at room temperature either in their bag, tightly closed, or in an airtight container. Try to use them within a week of opening the bag.
- Be sure to rinse your paper filter with hot water and preheat your brew device and vessel.
- We know it feels wrong but bleached filters are preferred. We promise, your brew will taste much less papery.
- We will be using a 1:16 coffee-to-water ratio for our examples, though you can and should adjust this ratio according to your tastes. Most folks prefer somewhere between 1.6 and 2g of coffee per ounce of water for their perfect cup.
- A simple kitchen scale is an affordable way to dial in your ratios, but without one you can usually count on one tablespoon of coffee weighing in at roughly 6g.
< Navigation Links >